Polyvinlidene Fluoride (PVDF) is a unique thermoplastic with properties which allow it to be used for very aggressive or highly specialised applications. Although expensive compared to other thermoplastics, PVDF offers an economically attractive alternative to many "exotic" materials and/or in process lines where limited working life of other materials necessitates frequent replacement.
PVDF has excellent chemical and physical properties, even at low temperatures, and has considerable resistance to abrasion. It is resistant to most of the inorganic acids and bases, and to aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons, organic acids, alcohols and halogenated solvents. It is also non-toxic and can be used for high purity applications.
Safe working temperatures range from -40ºC to +120ºC, with short term use possible at temperatures well above this level.
PVDF pipe systems are assembled using heat fusion welding, either using socket fittings or butt fusion of pipes and/or fittings end to end. Welding equipment is available for sale or hire and is featured in the installation tools section.
PVDF Pipes and fittings - MM Dimensions
• Manufactured to DIN standards
• Diameters from 16mm to 400mm
• Fittings for socket fusion, butt fusion and IR fusion welding
• Ball valves (manual and automatic)
• Three way ball valves (manual and automatic)
• Diaphragm valves (manual and automatic)
• Lab valves
• Butterfly valves (manual and automatic)
• Check and foot valves
• Pressure relief valves
• Pressure reducing valves
Other PVDF Products
• Gauge guards
• Pipe design software
• Welding equipment
• Semi-finished products (Sheet and bar)